WHEN: ON REQUEST
DURATION: 3 hours
On this tour we will show you the most famous examples of the brutalist architecture in Belgrade and our professional local guide will introduce you to our concrete utopia that flourished after World War II. How brutalist architecture in Yugoslavia was an aesthetic and an ideological movement in the same time you will discover on this authentic tour. We will as well explore how the specific use of the buildings and urban planning served for many years as one of the ways to shape a national identity for the country that lasted for 45 years. In Yugoslavia brutalist architecture was not only the architectural movement, it was also a symbol of power for newly created communist/socialist country after World War II.
Jump with us on this brutalist ride toward our concrete utopia!
What is included?
- Museum entry
- Service of professional and licensed tour guide
- Bus Tickets
- Meeting point is at Republic Square
- Look for a guide with WHITE umbrella
- Reservation is required
- Groups including more than 10 persons must pre-register, look at section private tours
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to operate