WHEN: ON REQUEST
DURATION: 5 hours
Thinking that you have seen all Belgrade has to offer? Or you are just for spending the day away from noise and rush of the crowded city?
Look no more because just 15 km away from the city center of Belgrade rises from the plain, Avala mountain, veiled with its mysteries and legends.
While we hike to the 511m peak, enjoying the fresh air and beautiful surroundings, you will hear interesting stories about this mysterious mountain, were once a powerful stronghold of civilizations were settled. But what makes it truly special is its nature, with pine forest, eight springs of fresh mountain water and over 600 plant species!
The road will take us to the very top of Avala, on which peak is settled one of the biggest architectural projects of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia – Monument to the Unknown Hero. From there we will enjoy a unique view on the surrounding landscape.
On the other side of the mountain we will be welcomed by one of the most famous symbols of Avala and Belgrade – Avala Tower the tallest building in the Balkans! After being destroyed in the NATO bombing during 1999. it was completely reconstructed in all its glory of 204,68 m! We will take you to the 122 m observation platform, and then enjoy in the free drink with the best view on the city that you can get!
Look no further and join our hiking tour to Avala Mountain!
What is included?
- Entrance fees
- Service of professional and licensed tour guide
- Free drink at Avala Tower
- Bus Tickets
- Meeting point is at Republic Square
- Look for a guide with WHITE umbrella
- Reservation is required
- Groups including more than 10 persons must pre-register, look at section private tours
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to operate
- Make sure you have a comfortable shoes
- Having a bottle of water is recommendable
- The hiking trail by difficulty is belonging to the group of easy trails so its suitable for all generations